Tuesday 28 April 2009

This weeks training.

Following the fact that i have a couple of niggling foot/ankle injuries i've had to restrain myself from working on jump distance and 'big' and 'scary' stuff which is disappointing as i feel i've let this slip a little the last few months.
i'll need to get back to it, but injury recovery must take priority.

As I started my weeks training yesterday I felt fresh all over my whole body which was nice. I've decided this week to focus on training touch stealth and silence over different routes of varying difficulty. This low-impact approach lends itself well to my injury recovery and is also a massive asspect of movement.

To try and train instinct, I'm also going to always train a whole route - if there's a certain aspect or movement in a route which i can't get right i'm not going to stop and focus on that one part - I must work it out as I go over the whole route.

As the week goes on I'm going to increase the intensity and difficulty of the routes, and also add some conditioning elements into training to make sure that I am maintaining and improving my strength.]

I think this approach is going to be beneficial this week - obviously ill have to listen to my body and see how it works out.....

No comments: