Monday 6 April 2009

the blur of 2008.

For some reason I started off so well with this blog, with some big articles and thoughts, and then i've somehow arrived 15 months later with no new posts.

2008 till now has been the craziest time. I'm going to try and sum it up quickly so that I can get on with posting new stuff, not catching up on old stuff.

So 08 started with me launching Glasgow Parkour Coaching. Very very long and arduous times.
Long story short, my organisation is now established, ive been teaching 7 classes a week sometimes and i can now make a living from teaching parkour.

I could never have done this without the help of my fellow coaches - BJ,Zeno,Mick and all the other guys and gals who have shown their support over the last year. All the adults who slaved the adult class in the worst of weather and forked out their £8 so i could eat. cheers guys.
It's been so, so hard but now that it's starting to work its been totally worth it.
Lots of new people are getting to learn Parkour from good people, and from a personal point of view it feels good to become a 'self-made' man.

I get to do my thing, in my way and work doing what i love. It's extremely stressful but so exciting and worth every minute.

I've also done some pretty cool travelling over the last year or so, numerous trips to london and evry and lisses which has been life changing to say the least. I've met some amazing people who have influenced my training in so many positive ways.

The Parkour Generations guys have been integral to my training and coaching in the last year - it's great to have support from guys with such solid and diverse experience and it's help me to find my own path in my own training and for GPC.

I look ahead to this year not riding on the fact that it's starting to work, but striving to take it to the next level - more coaching, more training, more people, more learning - more Parkour for everyone!

This blog WILL be updated regularly now.
thanks for taking the time to read :)

No comments: